Welcome to Synthesis Nutrition! My name is Dr Nina Fuller-Shavel and I run this Functional Medicine and Nutritional Therapy practice based in Winchester, Hampshire, and London (Mayfair and Shoreditch locations).
In my clinic I leverage my background in science and medicine combined with my extensive knowledge of Nutritional Therapy and Functional Medicine to create personalised and evidence-informed programmes that work hard to promote your optimal health and wellbeing.
I specialise in helping people who have chronic and/or complex conditions and health issues or multiple unexplained symptoms that have not been addressed or even properly connected or investigated together previously. I start by delving deep into the client's history in order to identify all the various factors contributing to the development of system imbalances and how these relate to my clients’ symptoms and health concerns, looking at the whole person in context. We then work to address the identified system imbalances (utilising testing if necessary) through personalised nutrition, movement, sleep and relaxation techniques, as well as a broad range of other interventions and therapeutic modalities, creating a fully tailored plan that is designed to work to relieve symptoms by tackling the root causes and to ultimately bring lasting wellbeing and vitality to the individual.
Symptoms/conditions I support clients with:
- Digestive issues, including IBS, SIBO and gastritis
- Hormonal issues, including fertility, endometriosis, PCOS, menopause/perimenopause, thyroid and adrenal problems, diabetes
- Depression, anxiety and cognitive problems, including 'brain fog'
- Autoimmune disease
- Low immunity and constant/chronic infections
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and multiple chemical sensitivities
- Chronic issues in children, including ADHD/autism, allergies/intolerances and digestive complaints
Please note that I do not tend to work with weight loss as a main goal (although it can be part of a larger approach to the client's health).